Volunteer with Antyx!
If you're a young person interested in getting involved with one of our programs, please check out our "programs" tab for more information.
Call or e-mail us here.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Board of directors (see below for details)
- Group Facilitators (ongoing)
- Guest Artist Facilitators (one time)
- Outreach and Promotion
- Special Events
- And more...!
For more information, e-mail us here.
Antyx is growing its Board of Directors. We are looking for 1-3 energized and passionate people to join our dedicated team. Help us take Antyx to the next level!
Our organization uses the arts as a tool to engage youth who are marginalized in their communities. We mobilize youth and community organizations to find creative ways of making positive community and social change. We’re pretty good at it too – we are an award winning organization with a proven track record and an established reputation in the community.
Here are some of the qualities we are looking for (though we do not expect any one person to embody all of these):
- The desire to help a great organization grow strategically and impact even more Calgary kids and communities. Energy, passion and dedication are most important
- Experience in helping a small to medium sized non-profit expand its reach and staff size; this may also include the development of a volunteer component
- The drive and ability to help grow an organization’s financial independence. We are in good financial standing but looking to grow. Creativity and entrepreneurial ideas are welcome here!
- Experience in strategic planning and goal setting. We will be establishing a new three year strategic plan in 2016 and could benefit from some additional expertise
- Willingness to put in 6-8 hours per month on one of two committees: the Human Resources and Governance Committee, or the Communications and Fund Development Committee.
- We are also looking for a lawyer. Click here if you’d like to share your legal expertise (but don’t worry, we’re not in trouble!)
Board Members are elected for two year terms and executive members are elected annually (may be re-elected for consecutive terms). We are looking for Board Members who are excited about our work in the community, enjoy working as a member of a team and can commit 6-8 hours a month.
All members of the Board of Directors share responsibility for governance of the organization by:
- Attending regular board meetings – typically scheduled on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
- Participating in committee work and strategic planning processes
- Actively promoting the work of Antyx in the community
If you feel like you’d be a great addition to the team, or if you’d like to learn more, please contact Board President, Dylan Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org